Monday, January 17, 2011

A Quick Fix Banana Ice Cream

That's how I like to start my day! Some good ole frozen banana slices

A banana a day keeps the doctor away, right?

Just thought I'd share: This is the first thing I eat every morning before my actual breakfast. A frozen banana with walnuts (not so much the chocolate, but just threw that in today for fun!).  Now that I've done this for quite a while, I can't seem to enjoy a regular banana as much as I do a frozen one. It's definitely a healthier alternative to that fatty yet delicious Cold Stone banana ice cream, and it tastes pretty darn good! I'd say, the best of both worlds.


Use FAGE or Chobani Greek Yogurt (Plain, of course)

Every night, I slice up a banana and stick it in the freezer. Depending on what mood I'm in, sometimes I'll roll the banana slices in plain Greek yogurt (high in protein, low in sugar), then roll them in chopped walnuts using my handy dandy chopper.  Most mornings, I just munch on plain frozen banana slices and eat them with walnut halves. Either way, a delicious start to my day!

By the way, I found that riper bananas, the ones with the dinky brown dots, taste better when frozen. The pretty yellow ones are a little too firm and aren't as sweet when frozen.



Found random shot glasses, so I thought I'd make them useful


FYI...Just because I like to know the nutrition facts of what I eat!

---------------------------------------------------
Nutrition Facts: Banana
Serving Size= 1 large banana, raw

Calories: 121
Fat: 0g
Carbohydrate: 31g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Sugar: 17g (all natural!)
Protein: 1

Vitamin B6:  .5mg (25%)
Vitamin C 11.8mg (20%)
Potassium:
487mg (14%)
Manganese: .4mg (14%)
----------------------------------------------------

Nutrition Facts: Cold Stone's Banana Ice Cream 
Serving Size= "I Like It"

Calories: 377
Fat: 21.8g
Cholesterol: 86mg
Carbohydrate: 39.8g
Dietary Fiber: .4g
Sugar: 34.3g (added sugar!)
Protein: 5.6g
-------------------------------

.