Saturday, December 25, 2010

Low Fat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE! I hope you all are having an amazing Christmas with your families and loved ones!! =)



Just baked some yummy cookies with my sister and mom for Christmas Eve! After eating out a lot this past week to celebrate my graduation and such, I decided to make healthier cookies to make me feel better about myself. It sort of worked, but I am still recovering from over-indulging myself in buffets AND from eating mindlessly out of this neverending bulk-sized container of animal cookies we have sitting in the living room...sigh...I'm also too lazy to run outside in the cold...but ANYWAY

These cookies have no oil and butter, so that cut out a lot of the fat. Yeayea cookies taste better with butter, but you definitely won't be missing the jiggly fat and muffin tops with these.



Pressed and about to go into the oven!

Sister's cookie breaking skills

YUMMM!



Low Fat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies:
Size = 24 cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup rolled oats, grinded
1/4 cup wheat bran (optional)
1 egg
3/4 cup brown sugar (or 1/2 cup to make it less sweet)
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or 1/3 cup to make it less sweet)
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

1) Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cookie sheets
2) Large bowl: Mix flour, oatmeal, bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
3) Medium bowl: Beat egg, and mix in apple sauce and sugar until smooth. Mix in vanilla
4) Mix in wet ingredient to large bowl. Mix batter with hands (use a plastic glove thing or wash hands well!)
5) Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts (optional)
6) Make small balls and press down dough because they don't spread but slightly rise in oven
7) Bake 11-12 minutes. Let them sit on cookie sheet for about 3 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack for at least 5 minutes


Again, MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS, everyone! and a special shout out to my family, bf, and my lovely friends! <3 <3 <3