Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Healthy Indulgence: Banana French Toast Sandwich

Almond Butter, Banana, Dark Chocolate <3
Almond butter. Banana. Dark chocolate. French toast. Need I say more?

When you can't decide between two dishes, why not have both? Here's my take on a peanut butter and banana sandwich morphed with a French toast. Just a thought!...a very yummy thought. =)

I bought this amazing Whole Wheat Quinoa Bread w/ Flaxseed from Whole Foods the other day, and I can't seem to get enough of it. I also bought some WW sourdough bread which unfortunately tasted like play dough. NEVER again! Good thing it was BOGO since Whole Foods was closing up. Can't complain there! =)


"Grated" (more like peeled) the Dark Chocolate with a knife

I treat myself to a piece (or 2) of dark chocolate every morning to keep me happy for the day. It's pretty much what keeps me going in life. Here, read this article for yourself about how beneficial dark chocolate can be for your health and your LIFE! Amen! =)


Ok, here we go:


Flipped after a little over a minute



Banana French Toast Sandwich:
 Serving Size = 2

4 slices of whole wheat bread
1 egg
1 tbs almond milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon

2 tbs almond butter (1 tbs per sandwich)
1 banana, sliced
Dark Chocolate, grated
Confectioners sugar





1) Spread almond butter on each slice of bread (1/2 tbs per slice). Top 2 pieces of bread with banana and grated dark chocolate, then sandwich!
2) Whisk egg, milk, and cinnamon in a bowl. 
3) Spray non-stick cooking spray onto pan over medium heat. Dip entire sandwich into egg mixture and soak both sides for a few seconds (depending on thickness of bread)
4) Cook on both sides until lightly browned (about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes). Sift confectioners sugar over french toastwich and sprinkle dark chocolate on top.


YES


Had to share my fortune: Talk about reading my mind!!