Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fruity Wraps

Fresh Fruits make everything taste better

I absolutely love eating fruit salads because frankly, tossing some spinach and lettuce with some veggies can get boring, Fruits add sweetness and juiciness (especially when they're in season!) to everything and are great sources of vitamins and nutrients. Anyway, after eating so many fruit salads, I, of course, needed a change. So here is my fruit salad inside a wrap. This tasted so fresh and sweet from the fruits with a kick of spice from my favorite sriracha. I also tried putting in grapes and it tasted excellent! On the other hand, adding mango made it a little too mushy for my taste.

What's next on my list? Maybe some kumquats...my current obsession.


Fruity Wraps

Whole Wheat Wrap
Turkey
Blueberries
Strawberries
Beets
Chayote
Red Onion
Avocado*
Spinach
Romaine or Iceberg Lettuce
White & Purple Cabbage
Horseradish Mustard
Sriracha
*I ran out of avocado for my picture, but it definitely tastes so much better with some creamy avocado


1) Bake wrap, turkey, and onion in toaster oven for about 2-3 minutes at 350F degrees or until warm
2) Spread some mustard and sriracha on the turkey (Plain Greek yogurt is also a great spread!)
3) Layer the beets first, then spinach, fruits, and lettuce to make the rolling a cleaner process
4) Stick in 2 toothpicks on each side to hold, slice diagonally, and enjoy your sweet, juicy, crunchy wrap!

More strawberries this time